Neck pain is a common ailment that affects many Americans every year. However, although neck pain is a common condition, this doesn't mean you should ignore it or simply live with chronic neck pain. In fact, chronic neck pain can be a debilitating condition that can lower your quality of life. If you've been suffering with neck pain, getting help from a chiropractor may be a good idea.
At Holistic Health Clinic in Beaverton, OR, we believe neck pain can be helped using holistic, natural remedies, and chiropractic care. Through our lifestyle advice, help from a trained chiropractor, and non-invasive methods, you may start to feel relief from neck pain and improve your overall quality of life.
What Causes Neck Pain?
You can suffer from neck pain for a variety of reasons. Something as simple as twisting too fast or sleeping in the wrong position can cause neck pain. Although these types of neck pain can go away on their own without treatment, chronic pain suggests there is an underlying cause. Neck pain that is chronic may be caused by:
- Poor posture, such as sitting at your desk slouched: Poor posture may be caused by a misaligned spine.
- Stress and muscle tension: Muscles in the upper back can become tense, especially if doing office work or schoolwork. This tension can lead to neck pain.
- Overuse injuries in the upper back: This is common in people who have physical labor jobs.
These are just some of the many causes of neck pain. Because there are so many factors that play into neck pain, it becomes important to get the help you need to find the underlying cause and get the proper treatment.
How a Chiropractor Helps
A chiropractor on our team will conduct a physical exam to determine the cause of your neck pain. They will then conduct chiropractic treatment that may include:
- Manual adjustments to realign the spine and improve posture
- Massage therapy to reduce tense upper back muscles and alleviate neck pain that is muscular in nature
- Corrective exercises to help strengthen the neck and improve mobility
These treatments are 100% natural and non-invasive, meaning you don't have to go under anesthesia and can go home the same day!
Contact Us for Neck Pain Treatment
Neck pain can be difficult to live with. Call us at (503) 646-8575 Holistic Health Clinic in Beaverton, OR, or schedule an appointment to see how we can help you live free from pain.