Whiplash is common after a collision, especially when rear-ended. While whiplash is a relatively mild condition, it can result in devastating pain and discomfort in the long run. The good news is that chiropractic care can manage whiplash symptoms for a pain-free lifestyle.
Suspect you have a whiplash injury from a recent auto accident? If you are in Beaverton, OR, and its environs, please book an appointment with Holistic Health Clinic for treatment. Our chiropractor offers an integrated and holistic approach to health, providing whole-body wellness.
What is Whiplash?
It's an auto accident injury that affects the neck and the shoulders, especially in rear-end collisions. It occurs when your head makes awkward and abrupt movements, causing micro-tears in your neck's ligaments and tendons.
While whiplash isn't a life-threatening condition, it can be a source of discomfort if not treated. Here are the common symptoms of whiplash:
- Tenderness in the neck and shoulders
- Blurry vision
- Limited range of motion
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Pain radiating from shoulders or arms
- Jaw pain
If you suspect you have suffered a whiplash injury, seek chiropractic treatment immediately. Mostly, whiplash symptoms can manifest days or weeks after impact, when it becomes difficult to treat.
Chiropractic Care for Whiplash
Upon undertaking a thorough assessment of a patient, our chiropractor at Holistic Health Clinic might integrate varied chiropractic techniques, including:
- Spinal adjustment: This treatment is instrumental in realigning the vertebrae, and optimizing the functioning of the central nervous system. As a result, you experience increased healing, which reduces pain and improves mobility.
- Massage therapy: This therapy intensifies blood circulation in the injured regions for faster healing. Besides, massage therapy suppresses muscle tension, providing pain relief.
- Stretching exercises: Chiropractic exercises improve your range of motion and mitigate muscle stiffness.
- Nutrition counseling: Our professional chiropractor will advise on a diet that will maintain the health of your body and suppress inflammation.
- Hot laser therapy: Inflammation is likely to form in your neck joints if you have a whiplash injury. This treatment hastens healing by reducing inflammation and triggering cell regeneration.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture treatment focuses on facilitating optimum health and wellness through the regulation of the free flow of vital energy (Qi). This treatment can be used to alleviate headaches, migraines, or any other whiplash related pains.
The beauty of chiropractic care is that it treats your pain using natural methods — there is no room for medications that can be addictive or yield unpleasant symptoms, like nausea, headaches, and vomiting.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor in Beaverton, OR
Have you sampled any form of chiropractic treatment? Chiropractic care is the ultimate remedy for whiplash treatment, especially if you have been in an auto accident. If you have whiplash or any other auto injury, don't hesitate to book an appointment with our chiropractic team at Holistic Health Clinic. Call us at (503) 646-8575 for more information or to schedule an appointment.